SUPPORTING YOU AND YOUR STUDIES
All learners are valued and encouraged to achieve to the best of their ability. Learning Support at JFC covers a wide area. The following groups are offered support in their studies:
- Learners with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Learners whose first language is not English, and who need support in learning English
- Learners with special needs who are not on the SEN register but who need support in some of their lessons, especially with literacy
- Learners with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties which hinder learning
- Learners with physical disabilities
How do we support these learners?
Provision to meet the variety of special needs in the college is made through:
- One-to-One tuition
- Differentiation by the tutor within lessons
- Intensive reading programs
- In-class support, for learners whose first language is not English.
- The opportunity for more able students to take part in extension classes and activities, including provision out of school
- Pastoral Support Officers and Learning Mentors who give learners individual attention to help them improve and overcome any barriers to their learning
- The programs for all learners with additional needs are carefully planned. “Inclusion plans and procedures are excellent, enabling true equality of opportunity for all students".
A prevent resource with modules on British values, online safety, extremism and radicalisation, what can you trust
This offers an introduction to the Prevent duty, and explains how it aims to safeguard vulnerable people from being radicalised to supporting terrorism or becoming terrorists themselves.
An online course designed to help learners understand their responsibilities under UK data protection law and the GDPR
0207 732 9255
JFC Training College, 12-14 Wellington Street, Woolwich, London, SE18 6PE.
Mon-Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-5pm
© Copyright 2023 l JFC Training College. Registered company number: 05376175