The industry’s most popular entry-level qualification, ideal for those new to health and fitness. Essential for advancing to Level 3 Personal Training
Our Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate is the industry’s most popular entry-level qualification. It’s ideally suited for those with a passion for health and fitness, who are looking for an exciting career change. Gyms, leisure centres and health clubs are vibrant and fast-paced places to work, and they require motivated and knowledgeable professionals to teach exercise to their members.
- Principles of exercise and fitness: Anatomy and physiology, including the cardio-respiratory, skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems
- Resistance training concepts
- Cardiovascular training concepts and exercise techniques
- Planning fitness training programmes
- Teaching and instructing exercise and fitness
- Bodyweight and free weights exercise techniques
- Resistance machine exercise techniques
- Warming-up and cooling-down effectively
While there are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, experience of using a gym, and a passion for the industry will help you get off to a flying start. We usually recommend that you dedicate around 8-10 hours a week to your studies; this ensures you’ll be fully prepared for your final assessments.
Fees and Funding
How to Apply
call us on 0207 732 9255 or 0208 854 9898.